Friday, January 9, 2009

Flying Into the New Year...

Whew, it has been a long time! Christmas Break for the kids went by way too fast and of course I didn't get anything done on that "to do" list that I had scribbled down at the beginning of Dec. You know the list that says we will clean out this and organize that over the break? Instead we spent the time baking, eating, hanging out with family and all of the usual Christmas time things we do. My Christmas wish came true and we had a white Christmas. And it still keeps coming! We had a lot of fun sledding on New Year's "weekend". I love this shot I got of my nephew and bro-in-law. We had visitors from CO over New Year's and it was fun to hang out/go out/and belt out the tunes on the new Karaoke machine that the Christmas elf gave to the Briscoe clan. (video forthcoming)
I have been reading a lot of New Year's resolutions this past week. "One word" challenges to define what you want for 2009. 2008 was a great year for us. Not because it was an easy year, not because it was hard. We experienced many ups and downs, new chapters in our family life, and closed a few chapters. (sigh of relief as I think about Jed being done with school!) It was a great year for us because it was ours. We had it to experience together and I am grateful for that. Thanks for all the cards and emails over the holidays. It was so fun to hear from everyone and see how big the kids are getting.
What do I want for this next year? So many things, that I am still trying to narrow it down and make it doable. One goal that I had during December was SIMPLIFY. It worked wonderfully. I plan on carrying that over into 2009. I figure that's a good start!

2 comments:

kirsten said...

simplify - sounds like a great goal to have.

now for me i just need to think of a one word way to say "get up off my lazy ass and make my house a livable space."

Anonymous said...

Love the pic!!! I am jealous of the snow!!!