Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Au Naturale



























What's Cookin' this Week:
Pasta with Winter Pesto
Chicken Stir-Fry W/ Noodles
Roasted Chicken W/ Roasted Veggies
Black Bean Tostadas
Gingerbread Waffles
I was talking to someone recently and I asked them what they thought of my menu on the sidebar. They replied:"What menu?" So I thought I would try and do a post every week or so listing what I plan on cooking for the week. I love reading what others are cooking and trying out new recipes. Sometimes I get caught in a rut and can't figure out what to make that is easy, cheap and somewhat healthy. Then I'll talk to someone and have an instant idea that can be as simple as chili; which I might not have made in a while. For the most part I have our "go to"meals. We eat a lot of pasta and Mexican"ish" food.
This year I am recommitted to a natural food diet for the whole family. We have done this before and here I am again. We are trying not to eat anything with high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils, sticking to natural sweeteners and colorings. This can be hard. Virtually all processed food/snacks contain some or all of these things. But it is a good way to force yourself to eat whole foods or food that is food. What are you cooking these days?
photo via Whole Foods Market

3 comments:

kirsten said...

i pay attention to your menu, i just need the recipes too!

Liz said...

I must admit that I have never seen your whats on the menu side bar. Pretty cool, I will definately watch it now.

Anonymous said...

I am definately going to try that pesto dish!!! We are going to have black bean soup this week too!!!