Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Longing....



As many of you know, we were rear-ended over the Christmas holidays. Our van did not suffer serious damage and none of us were hurt. But it did need some repair and while it was in the shop, I got to drive around a brand new 2008 loaded Toyota Sequoia. (sigh) It was heavenly. Today while driving home from school Luke saw a silver SUV and said: "Mama, that's our truck!" Which the boys did for the first week after we had to surrender our $60,000 object of affection. It even smelled heavenly. You know that "new car smell"? Our van used to have that smell. That being said, our van used to have payments every month that loomed over our heads too. So even though I may cringe every time I think about the fact that I drive a mini-van and it is not so heavenly and that "new car smell" has been replaced by some odor that is not quite yet identifiable; I remind myself that it is ours. All ours......fragrance included.
image via: toyota.com

1 comment:

kirsten said...

*sigh* i know those feelings well...every line deserved an "amen, sistah!"