Monday, September 8, 2008

Tired...

Yesterday and today I have been feeling tired and down. Physically tired for sure, all the other types of tired also. Tired of my inadequacies as a mother and wife. Tired of doing the everyday stuff that we all face, tired of our current situation and Jed looking for a new job.......The list goes on and on. As I was "blog stalking", which I frequently do, I went to http://adailyscoop.blogspot.com/ which is a blog that Dani clued me in on earlier this summer. This blog is authored by a mom who lost her one year old daughter in June to a tragic accident. I often visit it and read her inspiring thoughts and amazing strength since the accident. Today was no exception. She was writing yesterday about being tired and I wanted to share her thoughts as they helped me take a deep breath and "buck up".
"We all get tired but we cannot, we must not give up the good fight. We must take up our cross and fight onward. The stakes are just too high. The alternative is too bleak. Heaven watches us most closely when we are tired. It is the crucial point in the game that defines us as players. What do we do when we are tired? Do we give up or do we call for help and carry on. These tired times are defining moments." - Stephanie Waite

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an inspiring blog!! (I cried and cried) I understand about feeling "Tired". Things will get better. Remember it is always darkest before the dawn.

suz said...

I know if you read from the post after the death...you will need a whole box of kleenex...i should have warned everyone.

Angela said...

I am going to go read this blog. Thanks for sharing this because i needed it. I am exhausted!