Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!


I woke up this morning to the smell of toast cooking and the sounds of clanging pots in the kitchen. Also, various giggles and "Shh!!!!!!!!!". A few seconds later, after I deducted that Claire was still safely sleeping in her bed, Jared, Issac, and Luke came into my room all decked out in Chef's garb and placing this tray on my lap declaring that,"This is your Mother"s Day breakfast!". It was so sweet and they were so excited. As a side note, Jed was already at work so they did this on their own! To all of you sighing in fright-no worries, Jared knows his way around the kitchen and knows to alert me if anything goes array . (mom disclaimer) Isaac made the tissue flower at school and the mug. Nice touch don't you think? I was a wonderful, magical mom moment. The kind when you wish you could freeze time and linger around enjoying the peace a bit longer. Happy Mother's Day to all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love breakfast prepared by kids on Mother's day. The chef hats are awesome. So was the chocolate dipped strawberry. Yummy!!

kirsten said...

this is so adorable! what great boys - did they even dip the strawberry? holy cow!

i found my mothers day card from gunnar in the trash!

suz said...

no- the strawberries were from costco. I bought them to take over to my mom's house that day. The chef's garb was from christmas. my mom made each of them a cooking kit as a gift.funny huh?