Thursday, December 18, 2008

Scrooged


Allow me to rant for just a minute. (sigh) I am very sad as I write this. For the first year EVER my kids will not be having any sort of Christmas party or play or recital or program of any sort. We have lived in many places and my boys have gone to a number of schools. Some schools where Christmas was considered a "winter celebration" and the boys even had fellow students who did not celebrate Christmas. This is not the case this year. We live in a VERY stereotypical Utah neighborhood. I have caught teachers at the school reminding the kids to "Choose the Right". Still we are not going to acknowledge Christmas? I asked someone about it today and the response I got was: "We have never had Christmas parties." What?!
The thing that really gets me is that Halloween was practically and all week party in one of my boy's classroom. Halloween! (My least favorite holiday.)
Ok, I am done now. Forgive me. I just couldn't help myself.

3 comments:

Liz said...

You were most definately SCROOGED!!! It is a bit ridiculous that you can celebrate Halloween and not Christmas. We encountered a similar thing in our last school where the kids did not celebrate any holidays except Halloween and St Patricks Day. (The director of the school was a lesbian and her favorite day of the year was St Patricks Day)

Unknown said...

What I think is funny is the fact that we in uber liberal denver still had a christmas/ holiday party....that is soooo backwards!!!

Jenni said...

I understand how you feel! If anything should be celebrated it should be Christmas! BAHUMBUG!