Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Ideas

So, my friend Liz does this really great tradition. She counts down to Christmas with books. Every year she wraps 25 books and places them under the tree. Everyday they read a book and with some there is an activity that goes with it. I love this idea! I have seen versions of it around the net. The Crafty Crow does one. I like this because it is about doing something together vs. getting something. I am compiling my own list and going to start tonight. The library has been a great resource for this.
Also, we are trying something new this year. Jared taught a FHE lesson on Monday about serving others. Everyday we are drawing names and providing secret acts of service to family members. For each act we get to put a piece of hay in the manger to fill it up for Christmas Eve. The boys are having a great time with this and it is cute to see what things they sneakily come up with. I saw this idea on someone's blog, but can't remember where, so I can give them proper credit if you see it let me know or if I find it I will put the link here.

No comments: