Monday, March 9, 2009

Moderation People!

Free Range Kids cited this article in the NY Times which I found interesting. Is our attitude toward food scaring our children? We try to adhere to healthy eating habits around here, I will admit that. But I will also admit that I do allow myself and my kids to have a treat also. (preferably not daily) "Healthy eating" is such a relative term. But I do wish we could stop obsessing about it all. Including obsessing about obsessing. Eat your colors, lead an active life and know how to appreciate the art of a delicious homemade ny cheesecake.....mmm!

2 comments:

Liz said...

My motto is eat a little of everything!!!!

kirsten said...

good thoughts - it's gotten to where i hate myself for ever being hungry, and hate all food: seeing it as "the enemy." I need some reprogramming!!!!