Tuesday, March 31, 2009

La Poste

About a month ago, I received a surprise letter in the mail from an old friend whom I haven't seen for almost five years. We have sent Christmas cards to each other every year, but this was a "real" letter. It was so great to hear from her and know of how things have been going for her lately. It was not a long letter, but it made my day. Thinking about it, reminds me of my college and mission days when I used to write letters and receive them from friends and family. (This dates me, I know!)Now in the age of email, affordable long-distance, facebook, etc, when was the last time you send someone a "real" letter? This is my challenge for you this week: make someone's day. Write an old fashioned letter. Uplift...extend....smile....

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for the challenge!

kirsten said...

i'll try, but due to the current age of never-writing, my handwriting has become increasingly illegible. It's really a shame since I can't properly type either...can't wait until everything is voice activated!!!!