Thursday, March 5, 2009

Le Mode



Yes, this is a photo of my baby with a grocery sack tied around her neck. Yes, I realize this is a choking hazard. No, I wouldn't recommend this for a younger child. But for the last couple weeks Claire has been sporting this new article of fashion. It is all the rage, haven't you heard? You can see by the look on her face; she just loves it when her mom does this! Claire has a super-sensitive, UBER, highly-agitated gag reflex. She has demonstrated this reflex to us on many occasions. She has been sick for the last little while(upper respiratory infection) and coughing a lot. It doesn't paint a pretty picture does it? I have been washing a lot of Claire's clothes, sheets and other items in the near vicinity of Claire lately. Fun! Well, one day when having to go do a taxi run for one of the boys I decided that enough was enough. At least for the van's sake anyway. Burst of inspiration=the grocery sack bib=brilliant! It catches anything gag related and you just pop it in the trash when you are done. I would recommend that you use Target bags if you try this trick as they are the only ones that you can "tear" off. Also I would expect you to use your own common sense and not do this on a child that would enjoy choking on it. But let me tell you it has been a wonderful discovery and I reserve the right to use it only in the car so that it does not lose its magic. As many of you know there are just times when the whole world can not stop when one kid is sick.( Sigh)Judge if you will...

5 comments:

kirsten said...

this is both fantastic and hilarious!!!

what happened to creative tuesdays?

miss you!

Amy said...

Super good idea!!!
Yeah, what happened to creative Tuesdays? I love to see what others share...
Hope that things are going well for you guys. It's been a LoNg time.

Liz said...

OK so really, I think it is a great idea. Way to go for cheap ingenuity. Kudoes!!!

Charity said...

Hey e-mail will you...charityDOTmanwaringATgmailDOTcom
I need more details....

Steph said...

Grocery bag bibs- so hot right now