Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sushi Night




Today was a good Saturday. Jed had a lot of revisions on his thesis that he was finishing up. We spent the day doing work projects and getting things done around the house. It was nice to be together even if we were all busy doing things. It has been more of a chaotic week than usual and it was good to slow down. We had a sushi night, and the boys were in heaven. Jared made up his own "eel california roll" and Luke kept eating the picked ginger like it was candy. Afterward we went for a family walk around the temple and got ice cream cones. Isaac announced that we needed to do this every Saturday and I agree. How many times do all the stars align and you have one of those nights as a family that would rival any church commercial? Not very often in our house. So tonight I am grateful for a loving, supportive husband who knows his way around the kitchen and for four healthy, crazy kids who love me. Tonight is one of those nights when I feel like there is no one or nothing else in the world but us....and it's just where I need to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy!!!!!! We are going to try our hand at sushi this week for a project of sam's for school. I can't wait!!!! Oh by the way tell me about Jed's new job!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got to spend some much needed time with your family. I do have to say that sushi night would be Rileys nightmare come true, but then you know our son...love ya