Saturday, March 22, 2008

Traditions


Today the boys had a lot of fun doing our usual Easter Traditions. We started out the morning with an Easter egg hunt at the church. Then later in the afternoon Sam came over and we dyed 3 dozen eggs. Yes! It is a lot but it is so great to see how involved the boys get in creating the perfect egg. It has become a new tradition to have Sam with us the last couple years and it takes me back to when we were kids. Claire was a good sport through it all. She is still not feeling well but managed to make it most of the day without throwing up!!! The first day in the last week that this has happened and I am grateful. After dinner we finished off the evening with Luke telling us the Easter story and we all made Easter Morning Rolls a recipe that I found in a book years ago. You take dough and wrap it around a large marshmallow and coat the rolls in butter and cinnamon sugar, then stick them in the fridge overnight. When you bake them in the morning, the marshmallow melts and each roll is perfectly hollow representing Christ's tomb. The first year we made them it was quite magical for the boys and they still love it.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter! I am sorry I still have your book!! I really hope you didn't need it! Again, I am so sorry! Thanks for letting me borrow it!