Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Kirsten!




















I bet you thought I forgot. Not so. I never do, I'm just not good at acknowledging it all the time. So, here's to you Kir....a woman I truly love and admire.

Who......
is always there for me,
is a remarkable wife that has made many sacrifices so that her hubby can be a marine and serve our country for months at a time!
is a real mom,
is a talented writer,
has an infectious laugh,
appreciates sock monkeys and Irish drinking music, taught me the finer uses of creamed corn and many other things that I will forever be grateful for.....
I love you Buster!

1 comment:

kirsten said...

well if i don't respond to this one who will?

i already emailed my thanks, too personal for public consumption, but as I told you right now I feel more like “soon to be institutionalized mom” and “children sent to foster care mom” than a "real mom"

Hannah (12) yesterday informed me that I "suck" as a mom, Gunnar (9)today told me many unrepeatable things along similiar lines.

Dagny, at alomost three, still barely talks and instead of worrying about it I'm feeling actually GRATEFUL about it, for obvious reasons!

Anyway, thank heavens for you -it's a comfort that someone still thinks well of me!

Now I'm off to buy some creamed corn...
- kir