Monday, March 31, 2008

A Challenge...


So, this morning I was having my morning cup of coffee, (IE. checking e-mails, perusing my favorite blogs, websites, etc.) and found myself feeling guilty for not eating healthier, not being more creative, not saving the environment, and then saw this challenge to not buy anything for the month of April. This means you are only allowed to buy essential food items, medications and stuff for your family. I of course had the immediate thought:" crap, now I can't buy anything either?What is there to live for! " (just kiddin') then I took a step back and thought OK- I can do this. But baby steps right? I can do this for one week. So here goes... Starting tomorrow for the next week I have challenged myself to only by essential items we need. No eating out. No i tunes downloads. No dollar spot finds, paper crafting supplies or clearance items that I can't live without. This is not a political statement against Target. Those of you who know me well, know that I have a very intimate relationship with Target that goes way back. This is a small step in being more financially responsible and less wasteful. A step towards combating the "affluenza" that many of us Americans suffer from in the pursuit of material happiness, a long road that we are dragging our kids down. Does any of this make sense or ring any bells for you? Who wants to take the challenge with me? Let me know....I just had a funny thought. This will be a post that will catch Jed's attention!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh crap! You are so better than me, maybe if my car brakes down I can jump on board...I'll let you know how that works....

Charity said...

Ok, I'm on board...starting tomorrow Wednesday the 2nd...and only because I have a class tomorrow I have to purchase supplies for today...I'll post on my blog as well and let you know who else decides to jump on the band wagon! What a great idea!