Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Tender Heart

I have a tender heart as I write this. Yesterday, we popped into IKEA for a quick meatball run. As Jed and I were walking around I saw Mr. Nielsen and Stephanie of the Nie Nie Dialogues. Of course I mentally noted who they were and mentioned it to Jed. Jed asked me later how I knew it was them. Good question- I recognized his face, I just knew. I kept walking. I couldn't shake the feeling that I should go talk to them, which is not "like me". I finally caved and went and said "hi". I felt awkward and a bit "stockerish". What a special experience. They are two of the most gracious people I have met. She was so friendly to me and Claire. Stephanie and her husband were in a near fatal plane crash in AZ this past August. You can explore the rest of the story on your own.
If you aren't familiar with Nie Nie, check it out. You will laugh, you may cry. Getting to "know" this beautiful woman will cause you to stop and reflect on your own life; to be grateful for your daily mishaps and think about what is most important in this life.

1 comment:

Amy said...

What an amazing experience. They are an inspiring couple, so much love and devotion for each other. What a roller coaster ride that they have been on. Glad that you said hi to them. I follow her blog and love it...