Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Cards














I love getting Christmas cards! It is always so fun seeing everyone's families and hearing about what they have been up to in the past year. It is fun to see the photos and the creative ways some like to document their family adventures. I do not enjoy trying to get a family photo of us. This year it didn't happen. It seems like whenever we try and do this one of us is sick and no one is cooperating. We opted to take a photo of just the kids this year since we couldn't time it right with papa coming home from work and the failing winter light. The kids were predicable. Posing, goofiness and contempt for having to be photographed ruled the scene. After we were done and I was trying to figure out which photo to use, I considered bagging the whole thing. But, I did it and I am glad. Why? Because of the cards we started receiving in the mail. It is so nice to get letters in the mail! I think this is the only time of year we do. I think that if we focus on the birth of Christ and what Christmas is all about, this love and connection we feel toward each other is part of the sweetness of life. And can't we all use all little more sweetness?

1 comment:

Jules said...

Amen! I love to get the mail everyday! Cute pics!