Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloweenies



Halloween was pretty low key around here. Jared and Luke wanted to be the same things this year with a different makeup job for Jared. Isaac picked an almost homemade get up that was fun to put together and Claire still fit into the sweet shirt that her aunt made her last year so I wanted to use that for her costume and came up with a 20 min/ $2.17 tutu to go with it. Fever free and perked up, the kids went out trick or treating and had fun.Claire enjoyed practicing her witch's cackle during our photo shoot. Halloween has never been my favorite holiday. But it is fun to see the kids get excited about dressing up and begging for crappy candy.We left a bowl on the porch while we were out, but I don't think we had any takers. Maybe next year! Check out this Family Home Evening Lesson by Chocolate on my Cranium if you need ideas for tonight. That's what we'll be up to...(cue Indiana Jones music...)

3 comments:

kirsten said...

when we were done handing out candy we put a bowl on the porch with what we had left and went inside. awhile later the doorbell rang. i opened it and a group of kids were standing there. i said "didn't you see I left the candy on the porch?" they replied "yeah, but we don't want that. what else've you got?" please tell me that would only happen here in NoLA!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Claire's tutu!!! The boys look great too. I was boring this year and handed out packages of pretzels. But now I am not tempted to eat leftovers!!!

Liz said...

Those are the greatest $2.17 costumes I have ever seen. Happy Halloween!