Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Creative Tuesday



This a magnet board that I put together this week as an example for my boys' teacher gifts. They are going to make one for their teacher and make magnets and a stack of papers to go on the board as a gift. I have to admit that I am getting a bit tired of the whole painted wood w/vinyl lettering home decor fad, but at 4 bucks a gift- you can't beat it. Also, it is a project they can totally do themselves.
The next photo is Luke's contribution to Creative Tuesday. Imagine my delight to walk into the kitchen and find him so very creatively practicing his name on our cereal container. To which he responded: "But, Mom it's my favorite cereal!"

2 comments:

Charity said...

For idiots like us, who haven't yet seen the vinyl lettering craze to the extent you have...will you PLEASE post how to directions? Pretty Please??? Or maybe, just e-mail them to me?

suz said...

You are not an idiot!I forgot for a moment what a saturated market I live in!Basically it is a block of wood cut with a slit in it,a sheet of craft metal from Micheals or wherever cut to fit in the slit,paint it and stick the letters on.They sell the vinyl lettering at craft stores/joanns here. I also know you can order it online. Alot of people have cricut machines and make the letters themselves- i buy them from other ladies that way.